– SERVES: 2.
– DIFFICULT: Easy.
– TIME: 30min.
- Scant ½ cup sweet butter.
- ¼ cup soft brown sugar.
- ¼ cup superfine sugar.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- A few drops of vanilla extract.
- 11/2 cups all-purporse flour.
- 2 teaspoons baking powders.
- 2 tablespoons baking powder.
- ½ cup shelled hazelnuts, coarsely chopped.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cream the butter with types of sugar in a bowl, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in another bowl, and then sift into the creamed mixture, beating constantly with a wooden spoon. If is necessary you can soften the mixture with a little milk.
- Still in the hazelnuts and chocolate.
- Place about 15 tablespoons of the mixture, spaced well apart, on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 7-8 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let cool slightly. Then, remove the cookies with a spatula and let cool on a wire rack.
- Cook the remaining mixture in the same way.
José A. 6th grade.