Eagles and falcons are big predators that chase from the air. They have energy flight, excellent sight, hook beak, powerful legs and subsidiary claws.
Because of their way of hunting, they are called birds of prey. They can see their prides from 1 to 2 kilometers.
Owls, that have good ear and silence flight because their soft feathers, they hunt at night. They measure from 45 to 60 centimeters, and they eat small mammals, birds and fish.
Birds of prey, present a huge variety of measures, from 20 centimeters to 3’2 meters, and they can live from 20 to 60 years.
Hawks catch their prides from high, goshawks and sparrow hawks chase in ambush, like felines, and falcons throw in plumed.
Eagles eat meat, fish, reptiles and carrion. Hawks eat small mammals and birds. Vultures eat carrion, reptiles, fish, small birds and mammals, and condors only eat carrion.
Carla M. 6º de Educación Primaria
This Christmas I made cookies with my mum. The recipe was from Eia-Liv, because in Denmark is very common to make cookies in Christmas.
My mum bought all the ingredients and helped me to make the cookies.
I didn’t like them very much, because they tasted a little bit different and spicy. I had to decorate them.
Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Quantity: 25 cookies
- ¾ spoonful of bitter softened
- ¾ spoonful of packed brown sugar
- 2/3 c. molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 spoonful of vanilla extract
- ¾ c. flour
- 1 spoonful of ginger
- 1 spoonful baking soda
- 1 spoonful of cinnamon
- Salt and black pepper
- Sugar cookie icing for the toppings
- In large bowl using a hand mixer, whisk eggs, brown sugar and molasses until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- In a medium-size bowl add spices, baking soda and salt and whisk until combined. With the mixer on low power, gradually add dry and wet ingredients, as well as fresh ginger, orange zest, and black pepper until the dough just comes together.
- Divide the dough in half and create two discs. Wrap each one in a plastic film and chill until firm (about 2 or 3 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350º and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place one disc of dough on a lightly floured surface and roll until ¼ inches thick. Cut out gingerbread men with a 3 inches wide cutter and transfer to baking sheets.
- Bake until slightly puffed and set, between 9 or 10 minutes, depending on your cookie cutters. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with icing.
Adrián B. 6º de primaria
Esta semana, hemos jugado un poco al dominó en inglés. Hemos reforzado el vocabulario que ya sabíamos y aprendido nuevo, tratando de crear palabras que nos permitieran deshacernos de nuestras fichas y poder ganar.
Lo pasamos muy bien y nos reímos mucho.
6º de educación primaria.